NSTX-U is a DOE Office of Science (SC) user facility and is required to track and annually report user statistics.
To support this requirement, the NSTX-U Program maintains a user database. This database contains:
- Facility user data fields required by SC
- Several additional fields useful for characterizing the research or engineering work of NSTX-U users
- User selections for receipt of NSTX-U group e-mails
A very important required data field is the "User Type" defined as follows:
- On-Site User: An individual who is physically present at the facility and involved in planning, preparation, execution, and analysis of one or more approved experiments on the facility.
- Remote Users: An individual who has been granted authority to participate remotely in experimental planning, execution, and data analysis.
- Data Users: An individual who reduces and/or analyzes data provided by the facility but did not participate in the collection, calibration, or reconstruction of that data and who is neither an On-Site or Remote User.
by logging in with your PPPL account username and password.
NOTE: Offsite users will need to authenticate at the PPPL firewall to access this form.